February 1, 2011

The walls are done!

The drywall guy finished our walls last Friday! Once he was done we were left to do the priming and painting.  I think I washed the walls about 3 times and the drywall dust was STILL there in some spots! I finally decided it was good enough and called it a day.  Sunday we spent most of the day applying a coat of primer and two coats of delicious chocolate brown paint.  I wasn't about to paint the entire room unless I absolutely had too.  It is one giant room.  So we painted just beyond the edges of where the walls were patched hoping it would blend in well.  It doesn't look as good as I hoped, but I didn't think it looked so bad that we needed to do the whole room.  I think once we move all the furniture in and hang up pictures and shelves and whatnot it won't be as noticeable.

Here is a sneak peak at the new rug we bought this weekend! (I have waited 10 months to find the perfect rug that wasn't 9 billion dollars):
Isn't it fab? I sure think so.  We picked it up at Lowe's for around $200 (I don't remember how much it was and I cannot find it on the website!)

Pictures coming soon of the completed room!

No comments:

Post a Comment