October 27, 2010

Lets try this again.

Alright, I am going to give this whole blogging things another go. I think I have read enough blogs to maybe be able to attempt one myself, so here we go.

Lets play a bit of catch up. I will post new pictures of how everything is now, but for now I will post a few of the in between photos.

I finished painting the red in the dining room:


That picture was taken before all the coats of paint were done and before all the furniture was moved back in (obviously). There is still no chair rail installed but we did hang up curtains that look really nice. (if only they didn't have to be tied up thanks to the very sharp baby kitten claws-only one more week till they are gone (the claws, not the kittens))

I am severely lacking pictures of things that have been going on around here, but I am working on it. Last week I painted the kitchen, well, I painted most of the kitchen. It is about 3/4 the way done, I just need to do above and below the cabinets. The guy at Lowe's sold me paint made for kitchens/baths and said it would match the rest of my satin finish paint I have in the house. LIES. It is shiny and I dislike it. A lot. I guess I will just have to learn to deal with it. I also attempted to make a magnetic wall using the magnetic paint, but so far I am not loving it. I put on three coats just like the instructions said to, but most magnets will not stay on it. Very disappointing.


Our family room walls have decided to crack horribly. It started on just one wall, but now it has spread from floor to ceiling on the one wall, across the ceiling and has come down the other wall. It is awful. We had someone come look at it and he thinks it is not too serious. He gave us a good quote to repair it, so that will probably be happing in January.

The office/craft room finally got painted and it is fabulous. I cannot find a decent picture of it so imagine it as an awesome teal/blue color. I will post a picture of the awesomeness soon.

I will update soon about all the new things and projects going on around here!


No comments:

Post a Comment