January 6, 2011

2011 Home Improvemt Projects

We have sooo many projects that we would like to do around our new home, but I have to keep reminding myself we have only lived here a few months, we are young and we have the rest of our lives to work on our home.  I always want things right now.

Here is my 2011 list of projects I want to accomplish around our home:

1. Turn coat closet into a pantry
2. Repaint kitchen
3. Paint living room
4. Tile kitchen back splash
5. Install new mailbox and post
6. Fix floodlights on the garage
7. Have a yardsale to get rid of unnecessary junk
8. Get guest bathroom shower functioning
9. Repair the shed
10. Hang the mantle
11. Paint the fireplace
12. Install chair rail in dinging room
13. Repaint master bedroom
14. Install crown molding in masterbedroom
15. Have family room walls repaired (I'll tell that awesome story sometime)
16. Possibly have family room reinsulated-it is insanely cold in the winter
17. Have outlets in kitchen rewired (we can't use both without blowing the fuse)
18. Fix 3-way switches (we have 4 sets of them in our house and NONE of them work properly, talk about annoying)
19. Refinish table from Salvation Army
20. Refinish table given to me from my Grandmother

There are a few things that we want/need done but may or may not happen this year (probably not)
1. New fence
2. New windows throughout the whole house (all 14 of them)
3. New french doors in family room

I know there are plenty of other things we will work on this coming year, but those are the ones I could think of right now!

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment