January 20, 2011

Silhouette love.

Have I mentioned how much I love my Silhouette? =P Lol. But for real...I doooo.  I found a website that sells 9x24 inch sheets of vinyl! Rolls of vinyl for it are about $8, which isn't too terribly bad, but if I want just a little but of a certain color I don't want to buy a whole roll! So yay! 9x24 sheets! Each sheet is $1.59 which is totally reasonable.  Click here to check it out.  It is technically more expensive when it comes down to it, but like I said, if you just want a little piece it's reasonable.  Here is what I ordered on Tuesday:
 
Along with the 7 colors of vinyl sheets, I also ordered 2 replacement cutting mats for the machine.  I hate paying shipping with a passion so I figured if I was already ordering vinyl I might as well go ahead and get the mats.

I when I was searching for my brad setting tool (idk the official name of the tool) I found a whole roll of red vinyl I completely forgot I had! I love when that happens =].  So since I found this whole roll I figured I would make some Valentine's Day decorations!

These plate holders are on either side of a mirror that hangs above my buffet in the dining room.  The plain gold chargers were looking a little boring, but now they are as cute as can be!  As soon as V-Day is over I can just peel the vinyl off and do something else! I also read somewhere that you could use clear contact paper instead of the special transfer paper! And it's soooo much cheaper!

I love crafting on days like today.  We are currently getting snowed in and I am making chicken n dumplings for dinner.  Yummmmm.

2 comments: