January 13, 2011

I've Got Swag...

...well, at least my chandelier does. Changing out the dining room light fixture was one of the very first things we did when we bought the house.  I don't think I even left it up long enough to snap a picture! It had glass pieces hanging from a single hole on each piece on a brass monstrosity.  I don't know how to describe it any better than that =].  It also had missing pieces.  I looove the new light.  We picked it out at Lowe's, I believe it cost somewhere around $230. I didn't take part in the installation of it, but I don't remember it being hard for them to replace.  So then we had this pretty new chandelier that we adjusted to the correct height above the table, but it hung almost directly above the left side! When we have the leaf in our table seats 8-10 people, so one side the lighting is nice and bright and on the other side it is not.  Little did I know you could just "swag" the light over with a $6 hook and then all is right in the world dining room.  Last month we picked up said hook, it was self tapping (I think that's the right term), we measured, Mat climbed the ladder to the very high ceiling and less than a few seconds later we had a perfectly centered chandelier!  I think the whole project took us under 10 minutes, which included moving the table out of the way and back.

(Again, sorry for the crappy cell pic, my camera is acting up)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by our blog! I can't wait to follow you on what promises to be an exciting ride. Isn't being a new homeowner amazing??

    ReplyDelete